Enterprise Information Portal Solution
1 An Overall Introduction to the Scheme
Platform-based enterprise information portal scheme developed by Xiamen Node seamlessly associates the enterprise information portal with various information management systems to provide a unified portal for employees, customers, suppliers and partners to gain personalized information of the enterprise, mean while achieving the effective integration of different enterprise application systems including knowledge documents, customer resource, human resource, business processes, asset products and financial information.
More importantly, the scheme focuses on the seamless integration of existing enterprise application systems and ultimately realizes the personalization of its users according to their different roles and job characteristics. The scheme provides not only an entry but a bridge between enterprise's external websites and internal information portal, enabling extranet function such as product release, online ordering, customer feedback, recruitment, press release and website survey as well as intranet function including staff meeting arrangements, expense reimbursement and leave approval.
The scheme allows buyers, planners, salesmen, sales managers and human resource managers to quickly access information about business, applications and services through information portal, which is easy to manage and to maintain due to its simple Web browser. Xiamen Node's enterprise information portal system continuously improves the efficiency of employees' business processing, enhancing the timeliness of information, properly organizes enterprise resources, enabling system interconnection and information sharing, and strengthens the compactness of the supply chain in order to improve customer satisfaction, effectively facilitating customers, suppliers and partners. Ultimately, the scheme achieves the goals of maximum cost saving, resource utilizing and enterprise comprehensive competitiveness enhancing.
2 The Designing Concept
Xiamen Node's scheme of enterprise information portal is based on the designing concept of management and application platform – the matrix model and gear linkage model, which introduces enterprise's information portal and integrates the seven modules including knowledge management, human resource management, customer relationship management, workflow management, project management, asset management and financial management, so that the relevant entities (management, employees, customers, suppliers, distributors and agents) on enterprise's industrial chain can carry out operation management on the same system. In this way, the integrity and consistency of all the information systems inside the enterprise is enhanced, information islands are broken and the goal of multi-system integration, data sharing and standard unification is achieved.
3 Structure of the Scheme
Xiamen Node's management and application platform scheme provides a complete system of solutions to enterprise's information portal construction. It is the integration of existing business processes and solutions, rather than the replacement of established ones. In order to maintain effective service for the ultimate user, Xiamen Node's enterprise information portal scheme provides continuously available service and ability to upgrade in order to meet unpredictable needs of the international Internet. The scheme also provides all the techniques needed to fulfill the following three functions:
1) Seamless integration with existing business processes
2) Role-based content organizing
3) Personalized information transfer for the ultimate user based on the pre-defined files
More importantly, when offering such services the scheme does not need to sacrifice current system which has been established, tested and has already become mature. The enterprise's information portal scheme designed by Xiamen Node integrates existing business processes and solutions, rather than starting a costly application development cycle.
4 Constitutions of the Scheme
Combine with enterprise's information portal to provide different users with relevant applications and personalized information such as different websites, document categories and document applications.
Different roles can obtained their correspondent applications through e-HRM, which greatly enhance the efficiency of human resource management. Users are able to obtain personalized applications through their own information portal and communicate with others efficiently.
Release news and information about products and recruitment through the information portal, integrating extranet management with the internal platform to ensure the consistency and timely update of information.
E-Project allows all the members including associated clients and external resources to share the latest project information and promote the progress of the project through information portal.
Combine with e-Workflow and conduct final data calculation, update and counting on financial-related processes such as reimbursement and expense applications to improve working efficiency.
Function as mailing system to internally receive and manage e-mails and externally send e-mails to customers, affiliates and agents through the portal system.
Cover all sections in pre-sales, in-sales and post-sales including market activities, sales opportunities, customer contact, contract transfer and customer service and provide customers with management of the whole cycle.
Involve customers and partners in the platform through information portal and achieve both internal and external two-way information exchange and business processing.
E-Workflow combines processes with enterprise's information portal and set different processes for different information portal.
The combination with enterprise's information portal allows different users to quickly access information they are interested in and make personalized information application
Log in on the portal through personal account to check and modify personal information and personalized applications such as personal documents and address book, and personalize the operational page of the system to users preference to deal with personal business.
Education and Training
Help enterprises define training categories, make training plans and arrange specific training activities in accordance with the status of human resource.
Surveys and Marketing
The questionnaire survey system with statistical function can make investigation and analysis on users demands and system utilization through online survey design, providing favorable support and decision-making data for enterprise marketing.
Enterprise's Monthly Periodicals
Edit, produce and publish enterprise's monthly periodicals through the portal.
Connect with subsidiaries through enterprise's information portal. The subsidiaries submit and view the data requested by the headquarters and the data that can be shared through their portal, so that the entire group can operate on a unified business platform.
Real-time release of enterprise-related information. The releasing authority can be controlled so that people who need to know the relevant information can get what they want.
Personalized portal's login pages, information checking and information searching.
The construction of the organization structure and the establishment of role authority ensure the access of personalized information.
5 Goals of the Scheme
Enterprise's information portal is not only a tool to present information, but should also include the transformation of information so as to guide and improve business decisions, and ultimately serve the enterprise. The evolution of enterprise's information portal has experienced the process of information access, presentation, structuration, personalization and automatic distribution, which is essentially an effective tool and way to achieve the application integration enterprises.
In the short term, the scheme supported by Xiamen Node's software platform allows different users to quickly obtain the information about relevant business, application and service through personalized information portals of their own, and operate the affairs related to their roles. In the long run, the scheme will be deepened at all application levels to achieve perfect integration with the software platform.
6 Characteristics of the Scheme Application
Unified Access Channel
No matter where the information is stored and how it is formatted, it is possible to organize and present personalized information, applications and services to users in accordance with the pre-defined definition and provide a unified channel to access the information they need for enterprise managers, employees, suppliers, users and distributors.
Different roles determine what users can access in the system and what to operate, and enterprises can set different roles to meet specific requirements on system operating of different users (user groups)according to their real circumstances.
· A role is a combination of authority or authorities. Enterprise's information portal supports unlimited role configuration. Also, external users can configure roles by themselves under correspondent authorization.
· Roles can be preconfigured or configured for the second time using appropriate process.
· Users can have one or several roles.
· Users access internal and external information, applications and services based on their own role definitions.
Combined with other components of Xiamen Node's business, the scheme provides a series of functions for content collecting, organizing, filtering, distributing, displaying, searching and customizing, achieving efficient and orderly management of enterprise unstructured and impersonalized information.
· Effectively organize all the unstructured information to support enterprises to quickly build content structure according to their own circumstances.
· Give information security a multi-level and multi-way definition to ensure the integrity, authenticity and security of information.
· Predefine information release form and page formats.
· Be managed together with intranet and extranet.
· Combine with workflow management to control and approve information planning, organizing, distributing and checking.
· Internal and external users can quickly access information via the browser, smart search and personalized tools.
· Set different content distributions for different users.
The scheme determines personalized portal settings for different roles to meet users' needs. For example, users can choose language and style of the page as well as ignoring information they are not interested in. At the same time, the pertinence of presented content is more attractive to users such as customers.
· Personalized content and applications. Users who benefit from role configuration and organizational definitions can access relevant content and services such as sending different product catalogs and quotes to different customer groups.
· Personalized language display. The scheme supports different versions of multiple languages.
· Define the organization and display style of the content.
· Function as the list of favorites which can quickly store and find information that users' are interested in.
Xiamen Node's management and application platform enables the interaction between different portals.
· Cooperation between different information portals. Take customer portals and salesman portals for instance, the cooperation between them enables salesman to distribute targeted product catalogs and quotes to customers, and customers can submit correspondent purchase or service requests, so that the internal and external users can work efficiently through this unified platform.
· Users can provide the content to specific person or user groups.
· Dynamic knowledge maintaining which meets the requirements of knowledge accumulation and sharing among users.
· Maintenance of communicative function including announcement release and issue discussion.
The enterprise portal, which uses Xiamen Node's management and application platform, can seamlessly integrate existing applications such as customer management, human resource management, project management, financial management, workflow management, knowledge management and asset management. Data in these systems can be accessed and sent to business system through enterprise's information portal, which realizes correspondent business processes and resource management such as transactions with customers, products release, mail integration, request processing, personnel management and project scheduling.
The scheme achieves the confidentiality and integrity of the data through security mechanism, ensuring the normal operation of business. It also provides online security authentication including identity authentication, role assignment, users' operation monitoring, weblog reporting and security level settings of information. In addition, the security mechanism can also be associated with operating system, database, network as well as plug-in security authentications.
Ability of Upgrade and Sustainable Utilization
The enterprise's information portal developed on Xiamen Node's management and application platform features the ability to upgrade and be sustainably utilized. Through network and reliable mechanism, users can access enterprise's information and applications at any time and any place, ensuring the continuous business operation of the enterprise. The information portal can also adapt to the adjustments of personnel and departments in the enterprise, which meets the requirements of business adjustment and expansion and deal with problems in technical needs which enterprises and IT departments cannot solve in short term.
7 Developing Goals of the Scheme
Our goal is to perfectly integrate enterprise's information portal and the internal management platform and provide customers with the scheme of integrated intranet and extranet.
Xiamen Node's scheme of integrated intranet and extranet contains two parts, the extranet for information release, online communication and business processing, and the intranet for daily office affairs and business system. We provide an office platform within the enterprise through eight modules, accelerating the information exchange between departments and employees and improving business efficiency. The scheme of information portal enables information dissemination on extranet through internal platform, so that customers, suppliers, distributors and agents can submit requests through their own portals and wait for the customer service staff to deal with.
External websites can be managed and updated through Xiamen Node's management and implementation platform:
· The platform provides information to users through internal websites according to authority settings.
· The integration of intranet and extranet is done by joint effort of each module.
· The platform can distribute authorized information or documents to appropriate address including intranet and extranet through knowledge management and workflow.
· The platform allows publishing internal electronic periodicals through knowledge management and workflow.
· External information can be sent to intranet database. Take recruitment management for instance, applicants can submit personal profile on enterprise's external website, and their submission will be collected and sent to human resource management system.
· Through intranet, the internal information can be shared with external customers and partners.
Thus Xiamen Node successfully achieves the genuine integrated management of enterprise's intranet and extranet.